So… Let me start by saying this day was hella stressful. It all started last night when I couldn’t sleep and stayed up til almost 5:30am… bad idea.
We planned on leaving by 9am in order to get to Cleveland in time for check in. It takes about 2 hrs and 45 mins to drive to Cleveland from my house. Check in started at 12:30 but the event didn’t start til 1pm. Well my dumb *ss wakes up at 9:30… yay me. I still had to shower, get ready and take my kids to the sitter. I rush like crazy and we get on the road by 10:30am. I drive like an absolute idiot 85-90mph nearly the entire way. We get there at 12:45 and the line isn’t even inside the building yet. It was really chaotic and we didn’t realize forever that we were in the wrong line. nearly 50 BHs showed up with no invites hoping that somebody wouldn’t have a +1. (Side note: Some people didn’t have a +1 and refused to take anyone outside… b*tch move if you ask me. lol.) Anyway, we get in we get seated and I realize my dumb ass left my #ddubggw sign at home… major fail, but at least we made it there on time and in one piece.
Since I couldn’t con any of my #ddubggw ladies into coming with me I ended up taking my best friend who is sort of a fan but also really loud spoken and pushy so I knew she’d get us places. lol. Okay so absolutely no cameras or video cameras were allowed and they even checked the cell phones at the door but my friend had the idea to shove her phone in her bra and pretend like she didn’t have it. (I’ll elaborate on that later.) We get seated and wait til about 1:30 before Jared even takes the stage. lol.
Then guys came out: Joey first as the campaign manager/hype man gave this big awesome speech bullsh*tting his way thru it as only Joe could do. lol. Then Donnie as the President of Block Nation gave an empowering speech about how far we’ve come and where we’re headed for the future shaking his fist Bill Clinton style the entire way. (I swear I saw everyone in the audience mimic him at least once. lol.) And finally Danny came out as the VP of Block Nation and gave a short and sweet speech about living healthy.
They then opened the floor for questions. They had microphones on the outsides of the stage and everyone who wanted to ask a question lined up.
The main subjects discussed that I could remember were:
- People want longer notice of events going on sale so they have time to plan.
- They asked if they could post minutes on NKOTB.com so the BHs that couldn’t attend would know what was going on. (I believe it was Joey wh said “Yeah but first we’d have to check and see if someone in the audience took minutes. lol.)
- The hinted at a huge event in the states this summer. (Possibly some sort of Woodstock style event.)
- They also CONFIRMED that they have been in the studio working on a new album.
- Someone requested an updated version of PDGG “post-Joey puberty”. LOL.
- They said the cruise themes will be revealed very soon cause they know we want to shop and prepare.
- They said they’re working on improving the flow of m&g’s and photo ops.
- Someone requested more Waffle House events and Donnie said he’ll keep it up as long as everyone continues to be safe. (ex: getting your face time and letting everyone else have their time too, not going all crazy lady and crowding him or everyone else, etc.)
- Someone requested that Donnie get the other NKs guest spots on Blue Bloods.
- They also said a cruise DVD is in the works.
- Donnie said he has heard our requests about an all-inclusive live Back Rub on the cruise and he said there may be more than one this year.
After the Q&A they played what seemed to be a Fenway concert video from the NKOTBSB tour. There were ending credits and everything… hopefully this will be released soon. While they were playing the Fenway footage the guys were walking around giving autographs and hugs. To my surprise I went pretty catatonic trying to avoid another Jordan incident. (See my previous blog. LOL.) I honestly don’t think I would have been able to move if my friend hadn’t dragged me over to Donnie. I had him sign my pin, I got a hug, and said hi. We moved over to Joe’s side of the room. He asked me if I had something for him to sign I said I’m just here for the hugs. He laughed and said, “Well in that case….” and hugged me. We also got to talk to Danny for a while. I got a hug and asked him about a workout DVD and he said, “It’s a possibility.” So after we meet the guys we’re hanging around watching the Fenway footage and my friend pulls out her phone to try to get a pic of Donnie. Both Earl and Jared and everyone working was on the complete opposite side of the room. The flock of girls around Donnie thins and he sees her phone. He was like, “Hey!” and pointed right at us. He walks over and tells her, “I’m sorry but you can’t do that you’re gonna get me in trouble.” He says (all the time rubbing her arm), “Honestly we don’t care but with this Fenway video the company that produces it, copyrights, and legal stuff… it might get us in trouble.” She says “Okay I’m sorry”. He said, ”It’s cool just make sure you put it away.” And he hugs us both again and goes back to the flock of BHs.
Our conversation afterward went like this:
Me: “OMG you got us in trouble.”
Her (laughing): “No I got us a 90 second conversation with him and a second hug.” LOL.
Me: “Too bad we didn’t get spankings.”
I told her later I was going to tweet him an apologize again for my obnoxious friend with the camera. LOL.And for the record she didn’t even manage to get a decent pic. LOL.They were all either ungodly blurry or of the back of a random girl’s head. But all in all it was a great dayI got to meet 3 of my favorite guys and we had some laughs at our being reprimanded by DDUB. I’m now as pumped as ever for this cruise. All of the love in the room for the 5 brothers and 200 sisters… I can’t imagine the crazy fun that awaits us on the cruise :)